SSC Junior Hindi Translator exam is conducted each year by the Staff Selection Commission to recruit eligible candidates for different ministries/Departments in India.
It’s a national level exam and candidates can apply for the posts of Junior Hindi Translator, Junior Translator, Senior Hindi Translator, and Hindi Pradhyapak.
Update (21st July 2020): SSC once again revise the exam date of SSC JHT 2020 Paper-1, Now Pater-1 will be conducted on 19th November 2020.
Please visit SSC official website to apply online. The application process will start on 29th June 2020 and end on 25 July 2020.
Click here to download SSC updated Exam Schedule 2020-2021 PDF
SSC JHT 2020 notification has been released on 29th June 2020 by the Staff Selection Commission along with the other important details such as important dates, syllabus, exam pattern, the Application process, Cut off marks, etc. You can check all updated information about SSC JHT notification on this page.
For other sarkariexam information check the linked page.
Staff Selection Commission Has released the number of vacancies also in the official SSC JHT 2020 notification. Please find below the details.
Post and Pay Scale:
SSC JHT 2020 Exam will be conducted to recruit eligible candidates for the following posts. All posts mentioned below are Non-Gazetted posts.
Also, Read SSC JE 2020 Exam all details
The SSC JHT 2020 exam highlights are given below.
|Exam Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|Name of the Exam||Staff Selection Commission-Junior Hindi Translator exam|
|Posts Offered||Junior Hindi Translator, Senior Translator, Junior Translator, Hindi Pradhayapak|
|Number of Stages||Paper 1, Paper 2, Document Verification|
|Exam Type||Paper 1 – Computer-based test (Online)|
Paper 2 – Pen-Paper based test (Offline)
Check important dates for SSC JHT 2020 Exam on this page. Application Process Starting Date, Last Date of the Application process, and Computer-Based Online Exam Date have already been released by Staff Selection Commission in the official notification. All other dates will be updated as soon as the official notification will be released by the official examination authority.
|Notification date||29th June 2020|
|On-line registration Start Date||29th June 2020|
|On-line registration Last Date||25th July 2020|
|Last Date of online Fee payment||27th July 2020|
|Last date for generation of Challan||29th July 2020|
|Last date for payment through challan||31st July 2020|
|Download call letters for Online Exam||September 2020|
|Paper 1 Exam Date||19th November 2020|
|Result||Will be updated|
|Paper-II (Descriptive) Date||14th February 2021|
|Final Result||Will be updated|
Also, check SSC MTS 2020 Exam full details
It is advised to check eligibility criteria carefully before online application. Please have a look at the below details about the eligibility criteria for SSC JHT 2020 Exam.
- For Junior, Hindi Translator Candidates must have done post-graduation in Hindi or English.
- For Senior Hindi, Translator Candidates must have a minimum of 3 years of work experience plus post-graduation.
- For Hindi, Pradhayapk candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in Hindi or English.
More details can be found below.
Also, find SSC CHSL 2020 Exam complete information
A Candidate must be above 18 years old and less than 30 years old as on 01-01-2021.
Age reservation for reserved categories is applicable as per the Government of India rules.
Age Relaxation: Age relaxation for different categories is also applicable as per the government rules.
Applicants Nationality / Citizenship:
Candidates applying for SSC JHT 2020 Examination should be one of the following:
A candidate must be either a citizen of India, Nepal or Bhutan. Check more details below.
Exam Pattern and Selection Process
Candidates preparing for the JHT exam can check the exam pattern and selection process on this page. The Selection Process will be based on a two-step process.
- (1) Computer-Based Online Test
- (2) Translation and Essay
In order to get a job through SSC JHT Exam candidates will have to clear both examinations.
Paper 1(Computer Based Test)
There will be two sections in Paper 1, General Hindi, and General English.
It will be an objective type question paper.
The questions are designed to test the candidate’s understanding of languages, literature, and correct use of words, phrases, and idioms and the ability to write the languages correctly, precisely, and effectively.
The questions will be of degree level. Both papers will contain 100 questions of a total of 100 marks.
Candidates will be given 2 hours to complete the paper 1.
Detailed structure of Paper I exam:
Important points for Online Test:
- Paper 1 will contain multiple choice objective type questions.
- There will be negative marking in Paper 1
- 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer There will be 200 questions of 200 marks
- Candidates will have to complete the exam in 2 hours time duration
Paper 2(Translation and Essay)
If a candidate cleared the Paper 1 then he can attempt Paper 2.
Candidates will get the official call letter from SSC for Paper 2.
There will be two passages for translation in Paper 2-one passage for translation from Hindi to English and their passage for translation from English to Hindi, and an Essay each in Hindi and English.
The main purpose of this test is to check the candidate’s‟ translation skills and their ability to write as well as comprehend the two languages correctly, precisely and effectively.
The level of the paper will be consistent with the educational qualifications prescribed.
Important points for Paper 2(Translation and Essay):
- Total Marks for Paper 2 will be 200.
- 2 Hours will be given to complete the test
- It will be a descriptive test
- There is no negative marking in Paper 2
The syllabus of SSC JHT is given below-
Essay- An essay each in Hindi and English
- (a) Fee payable: Rs 100/- (Rs one hundred only)
- (b) Fee can be paid through BHIM UPI, Net Banking or by using Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, RuPay Credit or Debit card or in cash at SBI Branches by generating SBI Challan.
- (c) Women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Persons with disability (PwD) and Ex-Servicemen (ESM) eligible for reservation are exempted from payment of the fee.
The registration for SSC JHT Exam 2020 will be done at the official website of SSC i.e. https://ssc.nic.in. It will be an online process and no other mode of application will be accepted. Please find below details about the online application process.
Prerequisites before applying online:
Before proceeding with One-time Registration, keep the following information/ documents ready:
- A valid Email Id
- Working Mobile Number
- Aadhaar Number or any other id proof
- Information about the Board, Roll Number, and Year of Passing the Matriculation (10th) Examination.
- Scanned color passport size recent photograph in JPEG format (20 KB to 50 KB). Image dimension of the photograph should be about 3.5 cm (width) x 4.5 cm (height).
- Scanned signature in JPEG format (10 to 20 KB). Image dimension of the signature should be about 4.0 cm (width) x 3.0 cm (height).
Complete Step by Step process to submit online application:
The process of filling online application for the examination consists of two parts:
- I. One-time Registration.
- II. Filling online Application for the Examination.
Part-I (One-Time Registration):
- For one-time registration, visit the official website and click on ‘Register Now’ link
- During the registration process, candidates need to enter – Basic Details, Additional Details, and Contact Details
- Candidates need to upload the scanned photograph and signature image
- After submitting the basic details, candidates are required to confirm their mobile number and email ID
- On confirmation of details, the registration number and password will be provided to candidates
- Candidates need to read the declaration and click ‘I Agree’ button
Part II – Online application form
- Log in to the online system again through the Registration Number and password you get after One Time Registration.
- Click the SSC JHT apply link under the latest notifications tab
- Some fields will be filled automatically from one-time registration
- Select your preference for the exam center
- Finally, click on ‘I agree’ box complete your declaration
- Preview and verify the details in the application form
- Make the payment for the application if applicable
Print the final submission form for future use.
Download Admit Card/Call Letter for Paper 1 and Paper 2
Candidates can download SSC JHT 2020 Admit Card from the official website in the month of September. We will also update if Admit Card is available to download through the official SSC website.
Please find below steps to download Admit Card:
- Step 1: Visit the official website ssc.nic.in/
- Step 2: Click on the Call Letters Link.
- Step 3: A new window will open. Now enter your Registration Number/Roll Number and D.O.B./Password. Fill the text box shown in image
- Step 4: Click on the “SUBMIT” button.
- Step 5: SSC JHT Admit Card will be displayed on the screen. You can save the Admit Card in Pdf format or print the same as per your choice.
The result of the Paper 1 exam will be issued in the month of November or December by Staff Selection Commission. We will inform you once ant official confirmation will be released by the commission regarding paper 1 result.
Steps to check SSC JHT Result
- Step 1: Click on the link mentioned “SSC JHT Result”.
- Step 2: Now fill your roll number and date of birth
- Step 3: SSC JHT Paper 1 result will be displayed on the screen.
SSC JHT 2020 answer key will be released by Staff Selection Commission (SSC) 15 days before the final result of Paper 1. The question paper will also be uploaded along with Answer Key on the official website. Candidates can use Registration no and password to download the final answer key.
Candidates can challenge the answer key if they think that they did not get the marks for the correct answers given by them and submit the response to the Staff Selection Commission for any correction.
How to download the Answer Key?
Please follow below steps to download official Answer Key of SSC JHT 2020.
- Step-1: Visit the official SSC website
- Step-2: Click the answer key link available on the home page
- Step-3: Select the exam you have appeared for
- Step-4: Enter registration no and password
- Step-5: You can see the Answer Key on the computer screen
- Step-6: Now you can download SSC JHT 2020 answer key.
Cut Off Marks
Please find below SSC JHT Cut Off marks
SSC JHT expected Cut Off Marks 2020: Please find below SSC JHT expected Cut Off marks for 2020 exam. Please note that this is an expected cut-off.
Centres of Examination:
Candidate must indicate the Centre in the online Application Form in which he/ she desires to take the examination. Details about the Examination Centres are given in below table:
Frequently Asked Questions
How can i apply for SSC JHT Exam?
Candidates can apply online through the official website only. Click here to know more about the online application process.
When will SSC JHT 2020 notification be released?
The official notification has been released on 29th June 2020.
What is the selection process of SSC JHT Exam?
Selection will be done on the performance in Paper 1 and Paper 2. For the complete SSC JHT Selection process, Check the linked article.
When will SSC JHT Paper 1 be conducted?
Paper 1 will be conducted on November 19, 2020.
How many vacancies are there in SSC JHT 2020 Exam?
As per the official notification there are a total of 283 vacancies available in the 2020 Exam.
Find latest Sarkari exam 2020 at the below given links: