Staff Selection Commission has released the SSC MTS exam 2020-2021 notification on 5th February 2021. Previously SSC MTS notification was delayed due to the Covid-19 coronavirus outbreak.
Generally, the SSC MTS Registration process starts from June and ends in July.
As per the last update, Paper 1 will be conducted from 1st July 2021 to 20th July 2021 and Paper 2 will be conducted on 21st November 2021.
Update (5th February 2021): SSC has released the SSC MTS 2020-2021 exam official notification today. All job seekers can check all the latest details and the online application process on this page.
Update (22nd September 2020): SSC has shared the updated exam calendar on 22nd September. As per the official update, the SSC MTS 2020 notification will be made available on 2nd February 2021 and the exam will be held from 1st July to 20th July 2021.
Click here to Check all SSC Exam Date 2020-2021
What is the SSC MTS exam?
MTS full form is the “Multi Tasking Staff“.
Staff Selection Commission-Multi Tasking Staff exam commonly known as SSC MTS exam is a national level competitive exam conducted by SSC every year to recruit Staff for the “Group C” Non-Gazetted, Non-Ministerial post in the various departments/ offices of Government of India.
SSC organizes the SSC MTS exam for the below given posts.
- Junior Gestetner Operator
- Mali, etc.
SSC MTS exam Summary
Please find a short summary of SSC MTS exam in the below table.
|Exam name||Staff Selection Commission-Multi Tasking Staff (SSC-MTS)|
|Exam conducting authority||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|Exam Purpose||To recruit Multi Tasking Staff for different departments of Government of India|
|Mode of Examination||Paper-1: Online|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Exam time||Paper-1: 90 minutes|
Paper-2: 30 minutes
SSC MTS Salary
Multi-Tasking Staff will get salary according to Pay Band 1 which is around 20000-24000 Rs per month. After the implementation of the 7th pay commission, there is an increase of nearly 20% in every public sector job.
The salary also depends on location, allowances, etc.
Candidates selected through SSC MTS 2020-2021 Exam will be getting promotion as per the following rules:
Also, check the SSC Stenographer 2020 Exam for all complete information at the linked article.
SSC MTS exam Notification 2020-2021:
SSC MTS notification has been released by the Staff Selection Commission on 5th February 2021. All important information included in the SSC MTS exam 2020-2021 notification is not available to check. MTS notification has been delayed this year due to the massive outbreak of the Covid-19 coronavirus.
We have included all information included in the latest official notification on this page.
You can check all details about SSC MTS 2020-2021 Exam on this page like Eligibility Criteria, Selection Process, and process to apply online application form.
SSC MTS application process has started on 5th February 2021 on the official website.
Also, find SSC JE 2020 Exam all the latest information at the linked post.
SSC MTS 2020-2021 Number of Vacancies
SSC has released the official notification but the number of vacancies is not available yet. Staff Selection Commission will update about the no of vacancies on their website after the official notification. Please check below no vacancies for SSC MTS 2019 Exam.
This year we are expecting around 5000+ vacancies to be available in SSC MTS 2020-2021 Exam. Candidates will be hired for Peon, Safaiwala, Daftary, Junior Gestetner Operator, Jamadar, etc position.
SSC has released a total of 9069 Multi Tasking Staff vacancies last year. Please check SSC MTS 2019 Vacancies (Region-Wise):
SSC MTS 2019 Total Vacancies:
Vacancies according to Region(AGE GROUP – 18-25):
Vacancies Multi-Tasking Staff(Non-Technical) – (REGION WISE: AGE GROUP – 18-27):
Also, find all important details about the SSC CGL 2020 Exam at the linked post.
SSC MTS exam date 2020-2021
Check all important SSC MTS exam date 2020-2021 on this page. All the exam dates mentioned are given in the official advertisement.
|Activity||SSC MTS Exam Dates 2021|
|SSC MTS 2020-2021 Notification||5th February 2021|
|On-line registration Start Date||5th February 2021|
|On-line registration Last Date||21st March 2021|
|Last Date of Online Fee payment||23rd March 2021|
|Last date for the generation of offline Challan||25th March 2021|
|Last date for payment through Challan||29th March 2021|
|Download call letters for Online Paper 1||Will be updated|
|Paper 1 Examination Date||1st July to 20th July 2021|
|Result of Paper 1 Exam||Will be updated|
|Download Call letter for Paper 2||Will be updated|
|Paper 2 Exam Date||21st November 2021|
|Result of Paper 2||Will be updated|
SSC MTS exam Eligibility Criteria
The candidates must have passed Matriculation Examination or equivalent from a recognized Board.
NOTE: All the educational qualifications mentioned should be from a University/ Institution/ Board recognized by Govt. Of India/ approved by Govt. Regulatory Bodies.
Proper document from Board / University has to be submitted at the time of interview.
SSC MTS Age Limit:
The age limits for the posts as per the Recruitment Rules of various User Departments are:
- 18-25 years
- 18-27 years
|Sr. No.||Category||Age Relaxation|
|3||PwD (Unreserved)||10 Years|
|4||Ped (OBC)||13 Years|
|5||PwD (SC/ST)||15 Years|
Applicants Nationality / Citizenship:
Candidates applying for SSC MTS 2020-2021 Exam should be one of the following:
A candidate must be either:
SSC MTS Exam Pattern 2020-2021 and Selection Process
The SSC MTS exam selection process for the 2020-2021 exam will be a three-step process, a computer-based online test, a Descriptive paper, and a Skill Test.
- Paper 1(Online Test)
- Paper 2(Descriptive Test)
- Paper 3(Skill Test)
SSC MTS Paper-1 Exam Pattern:
Paper 1 will be an objective type of paper and total of100 questions will be asked in Paper 1. Candidates will have to complete the Paper in total 90 minutes time duration.
|Sr. No.||Subject||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|Total||100||100||Total 90 Minutes|
SSC MTS Paper 1 important Points:
- The total marks for this paper are 100.
- There is no negative marking in SSC MTS Paper 1
- The total time period would be 90 minutes for Paper 1
- Based on the Paper 1 result, candidates clearing the declared cut-off are invited to appear in the next stage, Paper 2
SSC MTS Paper-2 Exam Pattern (Descriptive Exam)
Paper 2 will be a descriptive pen and paper mode exam. Please find the below table including details about Paper 2.
SSC MTS Paper 2 Important Points:
- It will be a 30 minutes duration paper
- The mode of paper 2 will be a pen and paper mode.
- Candidates will have to write essays and letters in English or any other preferred language.
- The maximum marks for this Paper would be 50.
SSC MTS Exam Syllabus 2020-2021
SSC MTS Exam Syllabus 2020-2021 pdf is given below. Click on the link to download the pdf.
SSC MTS exam Application Fee
|Sr. No.||Category||Application Fee|
|1||SC, ST, PwD, Ex-servicemen, Women||No Fee|
|2||All other categories||Rs. 100/-|
Fee can be paid online through BHIM UPI, Net Banking, by using Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, RuPay Credit or Debit cards or through cash in SBI Branches by generating SBI Challan.
SSC MTS Online Application process
The registration for SSC MTS 2020-2021 Exam will be done in online mode only at the official website of SSC i.e. https://ssc.nic.in. No other mode of application will be accepted. Please find below details about the online application process.
Prerequisites before applying online:
Before proceeding with One-time Registration, keep the following information/ documents ready:
- A valid Email Id
- Working Mobile Number
- Aadhaar Number. If Aadhaar Number is not available, please give one of the following ID Numbers. (You will be required to show the original document at a later stage): i. Voter ID Card ii. PAN iii. Passport iv. Driving License v. School/ College ID vi. Employer ID (Govt./ PSU/ Private)
- Information about the Board, Roll Number, and Year of Passing the Matriculation (10th) Examination.
- Scanned color passport size recent photograph in JPEG format (20 KB to 50 KB). Image dimension of the photograph should be about 3.5 cm (width) x 4.5 cm (height).
- Scanned signature in JPEG format (10 to 20 KB). Image dimension of the signature should be about 4.0 cm (width) x 3.0 cm (height).
- Disability Certificate Number, if you are a person with a benchmark disability.
Complete Step by Step process to submit online application:
- Visit the official SSC website at https://ssc.nic.in/
- Register yourself from the right side of the page by clicking on the “Register now” button.
- Now complete the registration form and save the registration no. and password.
- Now login again using the registration no. and password.
- Complete the all details in the online application form, upload relevant documents, and pay the application fee online.
- Finally, save the fee receipt and application form copy.
Download SSC MTS Exam Admit Card/Call Letter 2020-2021 for Paper 1 and Paper 2
Candidates can download SSC MTS Exam Admit Card 2020-2021 from the official website in the month of June 2021. We will update you about the availability of Admit Card once it is available to download. Admit Card will be updated once the application process is over and the exam centers are finalized.
Steps to download Admit Card:
- Step 1: Go to the Official Website of SSC i.e ssc.nic.in/
- Step 2: Click on Call Letters Link.
- Step 3: In the new window, enter your Registration Number/Roll Number and D.O.B./Password. Also, fill the Captcha Box.
- Step 4: Click on the “SUBMIT” button.
- Step 5: SSC MTS Admit Card will be displayed on the screen. You can save the Admit Card in Pdf format or print the same as per your choice.
SSC MTS Exam Result 2020-2021
The SSC MTS Exam result for Paper 1 will be issued by Staff Selection Commission in the month of September 2021. Candidates can check the result from the official website by entering login details. We will also inform you once the result will be available to download.
Steps to check SSC MTS Result:
- Step 1: Click on the link mentioned “SSC MTS Result”.
- Step 2: Now fill in your roll number and date of birth
- Step 3: SSC MTS Paper 1 result will be displayed on the screen.
SSC MTS Exam official notification: Download here
Official website: https://ssc.nic.in/
Online Application direct link: Click here
Please check more govt jobs information below:
Find other latest Sarkari exams at the linked page.
- Multi-Tasking (Non-Technical) Staff Examination 2020, Staff Selection Commission, Feb. 05, 2021. Accessed on: Feb. 06, 2021. [Online]. Available: https://ssc.nic.in/SSCFileServer/PortalManagement/UploadedFiles/notice_mts_05022021.pdf.
- Staff Selection Commission Tentative Calendar of Examinations to be held during the period (01-10-2020 to 31-08-2021), Staff Selection Commission, Sep 22, 2020. Accessed on: Sep 24, 2020. [Online]. Available: https://ssc.nic.in/SSCFileServer/PortalManagement/UploadedFiles/calender2019_25012019.pdf.
- Tentative Vacancies for the Post of Multi-Tasking (Non-Technical)Examination,2019 (as on 19.10.2020), Staff Selection Commission, Sep 22, 2020. Accessed on: Sep 24, 2020. [Online]. Available: https://ssc.nic.in/SSCFileServer/PortalManagement/UploadedFiles/Tentative%20Vacancy%20MTS-2019_20102020.pdf.