India post office recruitment 2020 apply online: India post has released the official GDS Postal Recruitment notification for Haryana & Rajasthan circles. Please check the notification below and apply online.
Update (December 21, 2020): India Post has released the cycle 3 GDS recruitment notification for Karnataka Circle (2443 posts). Check the notification given in the below table.
Update (December 21, 2020): India Post has released the cycle 3 GDS recruitment notification for Gujarat Circle (1826 posts). Check the notification given in the below table.
Update (November 12, 2020): India Post has released the cycle 3 GDS recruitment notification for Jharkhand (1118 posts), North Eastern (948 posts), and Punjab (516 posts) circle. Check the notification given in the below table.
Update (October 07, 2020): India Post has released the Himachal Pradesh circle cycle 3 GDS recruitment notification today (7th October 2020) for a total of 634 posts. Check the notification given in the below table.
Update (September 2, 2020): India Post has released the Odisha region GDS recruitment notification for a total of 2060 posts. Check the notification given in the below table.
Update (September 2, 2020): India Post has released the GDS recruitment notification of 3162 posts for the Tamilnadu region. Check the notification given in the below table.
Update (August 10, 2020): India Post has released the West Bengal GDS result 2020 for 2021 posts. Results for 2000 posts have been released and a result for 21 candidates is under process. Candidates can download the West Bengal GDS result PFD from the below link.
Update: The last date for submission of online application for Haryana & Rajasthan circles is extended from 06/08/2020 to 12/08/2020 for those candidates who have already registered but could not submit the final application.
What is GDS? GDS full form?
GDS full form is the “Gramin Dak Sevak“.
Every year India post which is a part of the Ministry of Communications recruit candidates for the Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS) posts for different postal circles in India. Gramin Dak Sevak are responsible for managing the basic work in post offices and responsible for smoot fuctioning of the organization.
What is the duty of Gramin Dak Sevak?
Gramin Dak Sevak’s job profile includes below given responsibilities.
- The overall management of postal facilities, maintenance of records, upkeep of handheld device/laptop/equipment ensuring online transactions, and marketing of Postal, India Post Payments Bank services.
- Sale of stamps and stationery.
- Conveyance and delivery of mail.
- Closing/opening of bags, transport of bags from one place to other manually
- deposits/payments/other transactions under IPPB
- Managing affairs of Branch Post Office, India Posts Payments Bank (IPPB)
What is GDS post?
The Gramin Dak Sevak is recruited for the various posts mentioned below.
- Assistant Branch Post Master (ABPM)
- Branch Post Master (BPM)
- Mail Deliverer (MD)
- Mail Carrier (MC)
Selection for the Gramin Dak Sevak is based on the marks obtained in class 10th exams. No privileges are given for any higher qualification and there is no written test also. However, preference will be given to those candidates who clear the class 10th exam in the first attempt.
GDS Postal recruitment 2020 summary
Please find a short summary of India post office recruitment 2020 in the below table.
|Exam name||Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS) recruitment|
|Exam conducting authority||India Post|
|Exam Purpose||To recruit candidates for the Gramin Dak Sevak post for different circles.|
|Location||Different Postal Circles all over India|
|Exam level||Circle based|
|Age Limit||18 to 40 years|
|Selection process||Selection will be done based on the class 10th Marks.|
Post office GDS vacancy and live notification 2020
Please check the current live official GDS 2020 notifications and Post office vacancy for different circles given below. Currently, candidates can apply online for Haryana & Rajasthan Circles. A total of 608 posts are available for Haryana Circle and 3262 posts are available for Rajasthan Circle.
|Sr. No.||Circles||Official Notification PDF||Start Date||Last Date|
|1||Karnataka (Cycle III – 2443 posts)||Click Here||21/12/2020||20/12/2020|
|1||Gujarat (Cycle III – 1826 posts)||Click Here||21/12/2020||20/01/2021|
|2||Jharkhand (Cycle III – 1118 posts)||Click Here||12/11/2020||11/12/2020|
|3||North Eastern (Cycle III – 948 posts)||Click Here||12/11/2020||11/12/2020|
|4||Punjab (Cycle III – 516 posts)||Click Here||12/11/2020||11/12/2020|
|5||Himachal Pradesh (Cycle III – 634 posts)||Click Here||07/10/2020||06/11/2020|
|6||Odisha (Cycle III – 2060 posts)||Click Here||01/09/2020||30/09/2020|
|7||Tamilnadu (Cycle III – 3162 posts)||Click Here||01/09/2020||30/09/2020|
|8||Haryana (Cycle II – 608 posts)||Click Here||08/06/2020||12/08/2020|
|9||Rajasthan (Cycle II – 3262 posts)||Click Here||22/06/2020||12/08/2020|
GDS Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must have passed class 10th from any government-approved educational Institutions/ Boards with Mathematics, local language and English as compulsory subjects.
knowledge of Local Language:
Knowledge of local language is compulsory for GDS. Candidates must have studied local language up to 10th standard.
Basic Computer Training:
Candidates must have completed at least 60 days basic computer knowledge course from Computer Training Institute run by Central Government/State Government /Universities / Boards / Private Institutions Organizations. If candidates have studied computer as a subject in class 10th or 12th then the certificate is not required.
Knowledge of Cycling:
Knowledge of Cycling is mandatory for GDS post. Riding a scooter or Motor-Cycle can also be considered.
18 to 40 Years as on date of eligibility.
Age relaxation is also applicable as given below.
|SC / ST||5 Years|
|PWD + OBC||13 Years|
|PWD + SC/ ST||15 Years|
India Post Office Recruitment 2020 apply online
Candidates can apply online only for GDS recruitment. A candidate can apply for a maximum of twenty posts as per cycle of online engagement. Please find GDS apply online process given below.
India post office recruitment 2020 apply online process will be completed in three parts.
- Fee Payment
- Apply Online
Candidates will have to first register on official website.
- Visit the official website appost.in.
- Click on the registration link.
- Enter the basic details such as Name, Father Name, Mobile Number, Date of Birth, Gender, Community, Type of Disability, State, Board, Year of Passing Xth class, Certificate Number / Roll Number.
- Click on the submit button and enter the OTP.
- Note down the Registration Number for the next process.
2- Fee Payment:
After the registration candidates can pay the required fee online. Fee details are given below.
|OC/ OBC/ EWS Male / trans-man||Rs. 100/-|
|Female/ trans-woman/ SC/ ST/ PwD||No Fee|
Follow below steps to pay Application Fee:
- Visit the official website.
- Click on the Fee Payment link.
- Enter your Registration number and other asked details.
- Click on the “Make Payment” button.
- Pay the fee online by Debit/ Credit card or Net Banking.
- Candidates can also pay Application fee offline by visiting the Head Post Office.
3- Apply Online:
After the Fee payment candidates can start Apply Online procees.
- Click on the “Apply Online” on the home page.
- Enter Registration No., choose “Circle Applying for”, and click on the “Submit” button.
- Fill the application form completely.
- Upload the required documents such as photographs, Signature, etc.
- Check the available postal circle vacancies and submit posts preferences.
- You can check the preview of the application form and make corrections if required.
- Finally, take a print out of the application form.
GDS Selection criteria. How is the GDS Merit list calculated?
Checkout Gramin Dak Sevak selection process 2020 given below.
- Selection will be only based on the Marks obtained in class 10th of approved Boards aggregated to percentage to the accuracy of 4 decimals.
- Selection will be made as per the automatically generated merit list as per the rules based on the candidate’s online submitted applications.
- No weightage will be given for higher educational qualifications.
- Candidates having both marks and grades in the marks list have to apply with marks only.
Post Office GDS Result 2020
India Post releases the post office GDS result from time to time. Generally India post release the GDS result after 4 months from the date of online registration.
Candidates can check their GDS Merit list from the official website. GDSresult will be a PDF file that includes the Registration Number, Name, and percentage of the candidates.
Please check the upcoming GDS result from the linked article. India post will soon release the results for Jammu and Kashmir (442 Posts), Madhya Pradesh (2834 Posts), Haryana (608 Posts), Uttarakhand (724 Posts), West Bengal (2021 Posts), and Assam (919 Posts) circles.
Please check Gramin Dak Sevak Salary post wise given below.
Gramin Dak Sevaks receive TRCA + Dearness Allowance as admissible from time to time + Allowances as admissible (wherever applicable).
The existing 11 TRCA slabs shall be merged into three TRCA Slabs with two levels each for BPMS and Assistant BPMs.
The below-given minimum TRCA shall be payable to the categories of GDS with effect from 25.06.2018.
|SI.No.||Category||Minimum TRCA for 4 Hours/Level-1 in TRCA Slab||Minimum TRCA for 5 hours/Level-2 in TRCA slab|
|2||ABPM/ Dak Sevak||Rs.lO,OOO/-||Rs.12,000/-|
Please check the detailed salary slab given below.
GDS Salary of Branch Post Master (BPM):
Please check the new TRCA slab for BPM given below.
|Working Hours||Old TRCA Slab||New TRCA Slab|
|BPM||Level -1||3 hrs||Rs. 2,745-50-4,245||Rs. 12,000 – Rs. 29,380|
|BPM||Level -1||3 hrs 30 minutes||Rs. 3,200-50-5,000||Rs. 12,000 – Rs. 29,380|
|BPM||Level -1||4 hrs||Rs. 3,660-70-5.760||Rs. 12,000 – Rs. 29,380|
|BPM||Level -2||4 hrs 30 minutes||Rs. 4,115-75-6,365||Rs. 14,500-Rs. 35,480|
|BPM||Level -2||5 hrs||Rs. 4,575-85-7,t25||Rs. 14,500-Rs. 35,480|
GDS Salary of Assistant BPM (Dak Sevak):
Please check the new TRCA slab for Assistant BPM given below.
|Working Hours||Old TRCA Slab||New TRCA Slab|
|MC/MP/MM||Level -1||3 hrs||Rs. 2,295-45-3,695||Rs. 10,000 – Rs. 24,470|
|MC/MP/MM||Level -1||3 hrs 45 minutes||Rs. 2,870-50-4,370||Rs. 10,000 – Rs. 24,470|
|MD/SV||Level -1||3 hrs||Rs. 2,665-50-4,165||Rs. 10,000 – Rs. 24,470|
|MD/SV||Level -1||3 hrs 45 minutes||Rs. 3,330-60-5,130||Rs. 10,000 – Rs. 24,470|
|MC/MP/MM||Level -2||5 hrs||Rs. 3,635-65-5,585||Rs. 12,000 – Rs. 29,380|
|MD/SV||Level -2||5 hrs||Rs. 4,220-75-6,470||Rs. 12,000 – Rs. 29,380|
India Post office recruitment 2020 FAQ
What is salary of GDS?
GDS will get the salary according to the new TRCA slab. Check the latest updated salary structure here.
Who can apply for GDS?
Any candidate who has passed class 10th exam can apply for the GDS. Check complete GDS eligibility criteria at the linked article.
Is GDS a government job?
Yes, GDS is hired by India Post which comes under the Department of Communications India. It is definitely a government job under the central government.
What is GDS Level 1 and Level 2?
The old 11 TRCA slabs have been merged into three TRCA slabs. In the new TRCA slab, there will be two levels. Level 1 and Level 2 based on the working hrs. GDS will get the salary according to Level 1 or Level 2. Around 4 hrs working hrs comes under Level 1 and around 5 hrs or more working hrs comes under Level 2.
Is computer certificate compulsory for GDS?
As per the official GDS eligibility criteria, a computer course training certificate of a minimum 60 days duration is mandatory to apply for GDS. If someone has studied computer subjects in the 10th or 12th class he does not need any computer certificate.
Check other latest Sarkari exams in India
- Notification for the posts of Gramin Dak Sevaks Cycle – III/2020-2021 Karnataka circle, India Post GDS online engagement, Dec. 21, 2020. Accessed on: Dec. 12, 2021. [Online]. Available: https://appost.in/gdsonline/Notifications/Karnataka-11_Cycle3.pdf.
- ((Notification for the posts of Gramin Dak Sevaks Cycle – III/2020-2021 Gujarat circle, India Post GDS online engagement, Dec. 21, 2020. Accessed on: Dec. 12, 2021. [Online]. Available: https://appost.in/gdsonline/Notifications/Gujarat-06_Cycle3.pdf))
- ((Notification for the posts of Gramin Dak Sevaks Cycle – III/2020-2021 Jharkhand circle, India Post GDS online engagement, Nov. 10, 2020. Accessed on: Nov. 19, 2020. [Online]. Available: http://www.appost.in/gdsonline/Notifications/Jharkhand-10_Cycle3.pdf))
- ((Notification for the posts of Gramin Dak Sevaks Cycle – III/2020-2021 North-East circle, India Post GDS online engagement, Nov. 12, 2020. Accessed on: Nov. 19, 2020. [Online]. Available: http://www.appost.in/gdsonline/Notifications/NorthEastern-15_Cycle3.pdf)
- ((Notification for the posts of Gramin Dak Sevaks Cycle – III/2020-2021 Punjab circle, India Post GDS online engagement, Nov. 12, 2020. Accessed on: Nov. 19, 2020. [Online]. Available: http://www.appost.in/gdsonline/Notifications/Punjab-17_Cycle3.pdf)).
- ((Notification for the posts of Gramin Dak Sevaks Cycle – III/2020-2021 Himachal Pradesh Circle R&E/77-55/2020 Dated 07-10-2020, India Post GDS online engagement, Oct. 07, 2020. Accessed on: Oct. 09, 2020. [Online]. Available: https://appost.in/gdsonline/Notifications/HimachalPradesh-08_Cycle3.pdf))