SSC GD constable 2020 exam date and notification have been released on 1st August 2020. The Staff Selection Commission will conduct the SSC GD exam for the recruitment of Constable (Executive) Male and Female in Delhi Police.
Candidates can apply online till 7th September 2020. Exact apply online link is given in the Apply Online section of this article.
Please check all important details in this article.
Update (21st January 2021): Staff Selection Commission has released the SSC GD 2018 final result Candidates can check more information about the SSC GD result in the linked article.
Update (14th August 2020): A new notification has been released by SSC for Constables (GD) in CAPFs, NIA & SSF, and Rifleman (GD) in Assam Rifles Examination, 2018 – Conduct of Detailed Medical Examination (DME). Check details about Medical Examination here.
Update (21st July 2020): As per the latest update by Staff Selection Commission, SSC GD exam dates has been released officially by SSC. SSC GD 2020 exam will be conducted from 27th November 2020 to 14th December 2020. Check the below notice for more details.
What is SSC GD exam?
Staff Selection Commission General Duty (GD) Constable Exam commonly known as SSC GD constable is a national level competitive exam conducted by Staff Selection Commission for the selection of constable (General Duty).
Selected candidates will be posted in the below national security and police forces.
This year Staff Selection Commission will conduct SSC GD constable recruitment for Male and Female in Delhi Police. A memorandum has been signed between SSC and Delhi Police to conduct the SSC GD recruitment all over India for the vacancies released by Delhi Police.
SSC GD notification 2020
SSC GD notification for the 2020 exam has been released on 1st August 2020. It was delayed by SSC due to the Covid-19 outbreak. Today (1st August 2020) SSC has released the official notification.
As per the official notification Application process, has been started from 1st August 2020 and will end on 7th September 2020.
SSC GD constable exam will be conducted from 27th November 2020 to 14th December 2020.
Candidates can check all important details such as the number of vacancies, eligibility criteria and other details in this article.
SSC GD Exam Summary 2020:
|Name of the exam||Staff Selection Commission General Duty (SSC GD)|
|Exam Conducting body||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|Selection Process||Computer-Based Examination (CBE), Physical Endurance and Measurement Test (PE&MT), Medical Examination|
|Post name||Constable (GD)|
|Exam Date||27th and 30th November, 1st, 3rd, 7th, 11th, 14th December 2020|
|Mode of exam||Online|
|Exam language||English and Hindi|
For the latest Sarkari Exam info, check the linked article.
SSC GD exam date
SSC has officially released the GD constable notification along with the exam dates. SSC GD exam will be conducted from 27th November 2020 to 14th December 2020. The application process for SSC GD has already started on 1st August 2020. The last date for the online application is 7th September 2020.
SSC GD exam date is given below:
|Exam Event||SSC GD exam Date|
|Notification Release date||1st August 2020|
|Starting Date of Online Application||1st August 2020|
|Last date to Apply online||7th September 2020|
|Last date for Online Fee Payment||9th September 2020|
|Admit Card release date||10 Days before the exam|
|Last date for generation of offline Challan||11th September 2020|
|Last date for payment through Challan||14th September 2020|
|Exam Date||27th and 30th November, 1st, 3rd, 7th, 11th, 14th December 2020|
|Result Date||Will be announced soon|
SSC GD Constable Vacancy 2020 details:
SSC GD constable number of vacancies has been released by the Staff Selection Commission in the official notification.
Candidates can check the SSC GD 2020 vacancies mentioned in the below table.
SSC GD Vacancies For Male Candidates (2019 exam)
SSC GD Vacancies For Female Candidates (2019 exam)
SSC GD constable Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must fulfill the required eligibility criteria in order to appear for the exam.
Candidate must be a citizen of India.
Age Limit: Candidates must be 18-25 years as on 01.07.2020. Candidates should not have been born earlier than 02-07-1995 and later than 01-07-2002.
Note: The upper age limit is relaxable for SC, ST, OBC, Ex-Servicemen, and other categories of persons.
Candidates must have passed 12th class from a recognized Board/ University.
Male candidates must possess a valid driving license for LMV (Motor Cycle or Car) as on the date of PE&MT. Learner License is not acceptable.
Educational Criteria is relaxable up to 11th class for the below candidates.
- sons/ daughters of serving retired or deceased Delhi Police Personnel/ Multi- Tasking Staff of Delhi Police
- Bandsmen, buglers, mounted constables, drivers, dispatch riders, etc. of Delhi Police only.
SSC GD Exam Pattern
Please check the complete exam pattern before applying for the SSC GD Exam.
The exam pattern of SSC GD will consist of four stages:
Please find the details of each stage given below.
Computer-Based Examination (CBE):
There will be four sections in Computer Based Examination, Reasoning, General Knowledge & Current Affairs, Numerical Ability, Current Affairs.
Important Points for Computer Based Examination:
- CBE will consist of objective type of questions with multiple choices.
- Candidates will have to complete the test in a total of 90 Minutes duration.
- There will be a total of 100 questions carrying 100 marks.
- There will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
- The computer-based examination will be conducted in English and Hindi only.
Cut Off Marks to clear Computer Based Examination (CBE):
Physical Endurance Test (PE):
During PE test candidates physical fitness will be tested based on the hight and race completed by the candidates mentioned below.
Physical Endurance Test for Male:
Physical Endurance Test for Female candidates: Standard of Physical Endurance Test for female candidates including Departmental candidates (age-wise) will be as under:
Physical Measurement Test (MT):
Those candidates who qualify in the Physical Endurance Test will be called for the Physical Measurement Test. In MT test candidates’ physical standard will be determined based on the three factors – height, chest, and weight.
Hight and Chest Relaxation in PST is given below:
Detailed Medical Examination (DME):
All candidates who have successfully passed the PET and PST will be examined in the Detailed Medical Examination (DME) TEST by doctors in selected Government hospitals in Delhi. a Medical Board constituted by the CAPF to assess their physical and medical fitness.
Candidates having below Medical Standard will be qualified.
SSC GD Syllabus
Download the SSC GD constable syllabus pdf from the below given link.
|Reasoning||General Knowledge and General Awareness||Numerical Abilities||Computer Fundamentals, MS Excel, MS Word, Communication, Internet, WWW and Web Browsers etc.|
|analogies, similarities and differences, spatial|
visualization, spatial orientation, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship
concepts, arithmetical reasoning and figural classification, arithmetic number series, nonverbal
series, coding and decoding, etc.
current events, India and its neighboring
countries, sports, History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene,
General Polity, Indian Constitution, and scientific Research etc.
|Number Systems, Computation of Whole Numbers, Decimals and Fractions and relationship|
between Numbers, Fundamental arithmetical operations, Percentages, Ratio and Proportion,
Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, Mensuration, Time and Distance, Ratio and
Time, Time and Work, etc.
|Elements of Word Processing (Word Processing Basics,|
Opening and closing Documents,
Text Creation, Formatting the Text and its presentation features).
MS Excel (Elements of Spread Sheet, Editing of Cells, Function and Formulas),
Communication (Basics of E-mail, Sending/ receiving of Emails and its related functions).
Internet, WWW and Web Browsers (Internet, Services on Internet,
URL, HTTP, FTP,
Web sites, Blogs, Web Browsing Software,
Search Engines, Chat, Video conferencing,
SSC GD Apply Online
All interested and eligible candidates can apply online by visiting the official website https://ssc.nic.in/. Applications submitted through any other mode will not be accepted.
Fee can be paid through SBI Challan/ SBI Net Banking or by using a Credit or Debit card.
SSC GD Apply Online process will consist of two parts.
- Part 1. One Time Registration
- Part 2. Filling of Online Application for the Examination
Please follow below steps to apply online:
- Visit the official website at https://ssc.nic.in/.
- Click on the “Register Now” link provided on the right side under the login form. (See below image).
- Complete the Basic details and Additional details such as Name, Father’s Name, Date of Birth, etc as mentioned in class 10th certificate.
- Enter your working contact details such as Email ID and Mobile NO.
- After the registration, you will receive a Registration number and a password.
- Now login again using your registration number and password and change your auto-generated password for safety purposes.
- Now login again with the registration number and new password and complete the rest part.
- Enter all details such as Nationality, Category, Identification Mark, Address, etc.
- Upload your recent passport size photograph and signature scanned image.
- After filling all details click on the “Final Submit” button.
- Enter the OTP received on Mobile and Email ID.
You have completed the registration part. Now candidates can move for Apply online part.
- Again login using your registration number and password.
- Click on the “APPLY” link given on top of the website.
- Now click on the “OTHERS” link on the Apply page.
- Now click on “Apply” link after the “Constable (Executive) Male and Female in Delhi Police Examination-2020” advertisement.
- Complete the online application process by providing all the required information.
- Pay the required application fee.
- Finally submit the online application and take a print out of the application form and fee receipt.
Find more latest govt jobs information below: