TNPSC Group 4 Exam Date, Notification 2020: TNPSC Group 4 examination will be conducted by the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission. TNPSC will release the official notification in September 2021 and the exam is likely to be conducted in December 2021. Please check this post for more details about Syllabus, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Date, and online application process.
What is the TNPSC Group 4 Exam?
TNPSC Group 4 Exam is conducted for Direct Recruitment against the vacancies in the Tamil Nadu Ministerial Service, Tamil Nadu Judicial Ministerial Service, Tamil Nadu Survey and Land Records Subordinate Service, Tamil Nadu Secretariat Service and Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly Secretariat Service.
Also check TNPDS Smart card details
TNPSC Combined Civil Services Examination (Group 4) notification will be issued in the month of September as per the updated exam calendar 2020 by Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission.
Around 1000+ vacancies are expected to be available for the 2021 exam. Interested candidates may apply online on the official website in the month of September.
Name of the Post and Approximate No. of Vacancies:
Please find below the name of posts to be available in TNPSC Group 4 recruitment. The number of posts will be released by TNPSC along with the release of official notification in September 2021. We have mentioned no vacancies that were available in the 2019 notification.
|Sr. No.||Name of post||Services Name||Number of vacancies|
|1||Village Administrative Officer||Tamil Nadu Ministerial Service||397|
|2||Junior Assistant (Non – Security)||Tamil Nadu Ministerial Service / Tamil Nadu Judicial Ministerial Service||2688|
|3||Junior Assistant (Security)||Tamil Nadu Ministerial Service / Tamil Nadu Judicial Ministerial Service||104|
|4||Bill Collector, Grade-I||Tamil Nadu Ministerial Service / Tamil Nadu Judicial Ministerial Service||34|
|5||Field Surveyor||Tamil Nadu Survey and Land Records Subordinate Service||509|
|6||Draftsman||Tamil Nadu Survey and Land Records Subordinate Service||54|
|7||Typist||Tamil Nadu Ministerial Service / Tamil Nadu Judicial Ministerial Service / Tamil Nadu Secretariat Service / Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly Secretariat Service||1901|
|8||Steno-Typist (Grade–III)||Tamil Nadu Ministerial Service / Tamil Nadu Judicial Ministerial Service||784|
The number of vacancies given above is tentative and may be changed at any stage by the exam conducting authority.
|Sr. No.||Name of the Post||Pay Scale|
|1||Village Administrative Officer||Rs.19,500 – 62,000/- (Level 8)|
|2||Junior Assistant (Non – Security)||Rs.19,500 – 62,000/- (Level 8)|
|3||Junior Assistant (Security)||Rs.19,500 – 62,000/- (Level 8)|
|4||Bill Collector, Grade-I||Rs.19,500 – 62,000/- (Level 8)|
|5||Field Surveyor||Rs.19,500 – 62,000/- (Level 8)|
|6||Draftsman||Rs.19,500 – 62,000/- (Level 8)|
|7||Typist||Rs.19,500 – 62,000/- (Level 8)|
|8||Steno-Typist (Grade–III)||Rs.20,600 – 65,500/- (Level 10)|
|Exam Name||Combined Civil Services Examination – 4 (TNPSC Group-IV).|
|Conducting Body||TNPSC (Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission)|
|Selection Process||Written Examination + Counselling|
|Frequency||Once in a year|
Exam Date 2020
The official notification for TNPSC Group will be released in September along with the exact date. Although the Official release of notification is September 2020 already declared by TNPSC. Please check Exam Date 2020 in the below table.
|Exam Events||Exam Date|
|Date of Notification||September 2021|
|Starting of Online Applications||September 2021|
|Last Date for submission of online Application||The first week of October 2021|
|Last date for payment of Examination Fee||October 2021|
|Release of Hall Ticket (Admit Card)||November 2021|
|TNPSC Group 4 exam date 2021||December 2021|
|Announcement of Result||January 2022|
Please check complete eligibility criteria for TNPSC Group 4 Exam like Nationality, Age Limit, Educational Qualifications, etc. Please check complete eligibility criteria before applying .
Please have a look at the complete eligibility criteria below.
Please have a look on post wise age limit mentioned below
A-For VILLAGE ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER (VAO):
|Sr. No.||Category||Minimum Age limit||Maximum Age limit|
|1||SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs, BCMs, and Destitute Widows of all Castes.||21||40|
|Differently Abled Persons||10 years|
|Ex-Servicemen||The maximum age limit is 48 years|
B- For the posts of Junior Assistant (Non-Security), Junior Assistant (Security), Bill Collector-Grade I, Field Surveyor, Draftsman, Typist and Steno-Typist (Grade -III).
|Sr. No.||Category||Minimum Age||Maximum Age|
|1||Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Caste (Arunthathiyar), Scheduled Tribes and Destitute Widows of all castes||18 Years||35 Years|
|2||Most Backward Classes / Denotified Communities, Backward Classes and Backward Classes (Muslims)||18 Years||32 Years|
|3||“Others” [ i.e., Candidates not belonging to SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs and BCMs ]||18 Years||30 Years|
|4||For the persons who are trained in Survey in ITI in Tamil Nadu, in respect of posts of Field Surveyor and Draftsman only||18 Years||35 Years|
Please find post wise Educational Qualification in the below table.
|Sr. No.||Name of the Post||Qualification|
|1||Name of the Post||Qualification|
|2||Village Administrative Officer (VAO)||Candidates must have passed the SSLC exam or it’s equivalent|
|3||JUNIOR ASSISTANT (Non – Security), JUNIOR ASSISTANT (Security), BILL COLLECTOR GRADE-I, FIELD SURVEYOR * DRAFTSMAN||Candidates must have passed the SSLC exam or it’s equivalent|
|4||Typist STENO-TYPIST (GRADE- III)||A-Candidates must have passed the SSLC exam or it’s equivalent|
B-Must have passed the Government Technical Examination in Typewriting:-
i) by Higher / Senior Grade in Tamil and English (or)
ii) by Higher / Senior Grade in Tamil and Lower/ Junior Grade in English (or)
iii) by Higher / Senior Grade in English and Lower/ Junior Grade in Tamil.
Important Note: 1- Those who have not passed SSLC Examination or its equivalent are not eligible even if they possess a higher qualification.
2-Preferred qualification for Field Surveyor post: For recruitment to the post of Field Surveyor, other things being equal, preference shall be given to the candidates who are trained in the survey in Industrial Training Institutes.
COMPUTER QUALIFICATION (for Typist and Steno-Typist (Grade – III):-
Candidates should have passed the “Certificate Course in Computer on Office Automation” awarded by the Technical Education Department.
Note: “Candidates who do not possess the said qualification (viz. Certificate Course in Computer on Office Automation) conducted by the Technical Education Department may also apply. If selected, they should acquire such qualification within the period of their probation”.
KNOWLEDGE IN TAMIL
Applicants should possess adequate knowledge of Tamil on the date of the Notification
PLACE OF RESIDENCE ON APPOINTMENT(for the posts of VAO only)
Every person appointed to the post shall reside in the Village under his charge and shall continue to reside in the said Village as long as he/she is in- charge of that Village.
Exam Pattern and selection process
Candidates should check the complete exam pattern as it will make their exam preparation very easy. There will be three section in written exam. General Studies, Aptitude and Mental Ability Test and General Tamil/ General English. Please find exam pattern in the below table
|Subject||Minimum Qualifying Marks||Total Marks||Duration|
|General Studies (75 questions) + Aptitude and Mental Ability Test (25 questions) + General Tamil / General English (100 questions) (Total = 200 questions)||90||300||3 hours|
- The written exam will be an objective type question paper
- There will be 75 questions in the General Studies section, 25 questions in the Aptitude and Mental Ability section, and 100 questions in the General Tamil/ General English section
- Question paper of first and second section will be set in both English and Tamil language
- In the Third section, candidates can choose either General Tamil or General English
- Minimum qualifying marks have been set to 90
- Total marks of the written exam will be 300 and candidates will be given 3 hours to complete the written exam
How to Apply Online 2021?
Candidates can start the online application process in September after the release of official notification. Please find below the process to apply online for the TNPSC Group 4 2021 exam.
How to Apply?
- Applicants should apply only through the online mode on the official website www.tnpsc.gov.in or www.tnpscexams.net or www.tnpscexams.in
- One time registration is required to apply online. Candidates will have to pay a Rs 150 fee for one-time registration. it will be valid for 5 years. After one-time registration candidates will get a Registration ID and password for login to the website.
- For the registration process scanned copies of photographs, certificates and signatures will be required to upload on the portal.
- After registering candidates can log in again by their Registration ID and password and click on the “Apply Online” button.
- Now candidates can apply online for any post they wish to apply for.
- Applicants are required to upload the photograph and signature as per the guidelines else the application would be rejected.
- All the particulars mentioned on the application form such as the name of the candidate, post for which the candidate has applied, educational qualification, category, date of birth, address, email ID, center if examination, etc. will be considered as final and no modifications will be allowed after the submission of online application
- After submitting the application, the applicant can take a print out and save the application for any future reference.
- Applicants can also take a printout by providing their user ID and password. Applicants are not required to send the application form to the concerned department but keep it safe for any future reference.
Hall Ticket (Admit Card) 2021
TNPSC Group 4 Admit Card will be available in November 2021. Hall Ticket will be required to enter in examination center that is likely to be scheduled in December 2021. Candidates can download Hall Ticket from the official TNPSC website by entering Application Number and Date of Birth.
Please find below the process to download TNPSC Hall Ticket.
Steps to Download the Hall Ticket 2021:
- Visit the TNPSC Official website.
- Under Online Services on the right side click on the Hall Ticket Download link or go to the TNPSC Hall tickets section directly at http://www.tnpsc.gov.in/halltkt.html
- Now Click on download TNPSC group 4 hall ticket 2021.
- Enter your application number or login ID and date of birth.
- Click on the “submit” button.
- Your hall ticket 2021 will be generated
- You can download the Hall Ticket and take a print out also.
The result of the TNPSC Group 4 examination will be released by Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission in January 2022. Candidates can check results online through TNPSC official website.
How to check the result?
Candidates can follow the below steps to check the result.
TNPSC Group 4 2021 Result step by step process:
- Step #1: Visit the TNPSC official website.
- Click on the “Latest Result” tab or directly visit TNPSC Result Page
- Find the COMBINED CIVIL SERVICES EXAMINATION-4 (GROUP-IV SERVICES) section and click on the result of appropriate posts.
- Now enter your registration number and click on the Submit button.
- Your rank position along with secured marks will be displayed on the screen.
- Finally, take a print out of the result for the reference purpose.
For other Sarkari Exams notifications check the linked page.
- TAMIL NADU PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION, ANNUAL PLANNER – 2021, Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission, Jan. 01, 2021. Accessed on: Jan. 15, 2021. [Online]. Available: https://www.tnpsc.gov.in/static_pdf/annualplanner/2021_ARP_Planner_16_12_2020.pdf.