SSC CPO SI 2020 Exam:
Update (21st July 2020): SSC has shared the revised date for SSC Sub Inspector 2020 Paper 1. Now the SSC SI 2020 Paper 2 will be held on 12th July 2021.
Earlier SSC SI Exam was scheduled to be conducted from 28th September to 1st October 2020 and Paper 2 on 1st March 2021.
What is SSC CPO Exam?
SSC CPO SI Exam is a national level exam conducted each year by the Staff Selection Commission to recruit candidates for the post of Sub Inspector (SI) in Delhi Police, Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs), and Assistant Sub Inspector (ASI) in CISF.
SSC CPO official notification has been released on 17th June 2020. All eligible candidates can apply online for the examination. Please go through full notification before apply online.
For more details like online application process, eligibility criteria, syllabus and exam pattern please read this post completely.
You may also check other upcoming Sarkari Exam opportunities on the linked page.
The Exam will recruit candidates for the below-mentioned posts Please have a look.
Also, read SSC MTS 2020 Exam full details at the linked page
Number of Vacancies
The total number of vacancies has been released by Staff Selection Commission along with the release of the official notification on 17 June 2020. Please find below the vacancy details for the 2020 Exam. There were 2745 vacancies in 2019 exam Last year. This year’s total 1534 vacancy is available according to the official notification. Please find below the table for vacancy details.
(a) Sub-Inspector (Executive) in Delhi Police – Male
(b) Sub-Inspector (Exe.) in Delhi Police – Female
(c) Sub-Inspector (GD) in Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs)
Candidates selected for appointment for posts of SI in CAPFs are liable to serve anywhere in India
Also, read SSC JHT 2020 Exam full information at the linked article
The various details for this exam are as follows:
|Exam Name||Staff Selection Commission CPO SI|
|Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|Level of Exam||National Level Test|
|Exam Dates||Paper 1- 23rd November 2020 to 26th November 2020|
Paper 2: 1st March 2020
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Official website for Application||www.ssc.nic.in|
|Mode of Exam||Paper 1: Online|
Paper 2: Online
|Duration||Paper 1: 120 minutes|
Paper 2: 120 minutes
Also, find SSC CHSL 2020 Exam important details on the linked page.
Check important dates for SSC CPO 2020 Exam on this page. The application Process has been started on 17th June 2020 and Paper 1 will be conducted on 29th September 2020 and Paper 2 will be conducted next year on 1st March 2021.
Please find important dates in the below table:
|Notification release date||17 June 2020|
|On-line registration Start Date||17 June 2020(New official date)|
|On-line registration Last Date||16 July 2020(new official date)|
|Last Date of online Fee payment||18 July 2020|
|Download call letters for Paper 1||September 2020|
|Paper 1 Examination Date||23rd November 2020 to 26th November 2020|
|Result of Paper 1||Will be updated|
|Download Call Letter for Paper 2||Will be updated|
|Paper 2 Date||22nd July 2021|
|Final Result||Will be Updated|
Please find complete details about the eligibility criteria for SSC SI 2020 Exam. Please check the eligibility criteria before applying and check the education criteria and age also.
Age limit is given below. Please have a look.
Age reservation for reserved categories is applicable as per the Government of India rules.
Applicants Nationality / Citizenship:
Candidates applying for Examination should have the following Nationality/ Citizenship:
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b) and (c) above shall be a person in whose favor a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary will be admitted to the examination but the offer of appointment will be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him by the Government of India.
Exam Pattern and Selection Process
Candidates are advised to check the exam pattern before applying online. It will help candidates to start preparation according to the official syllabus and pattern. There will be two papers in the SSC SI 2020 Exam. Paper 1 and Paper 2. There will be a physical test also after Paper 1. Please find the complete exam pattern below.
SSC CPO 2020 Exam Pattern:
There will be three stage in the exam:
- (i) Paper 1(Computer Based Test)
- (ii) Physical Standard Test (PST)/ Physical Endurance Test (PET)
- (iii) Paper 2
Paper-1 Exam Pattern:
There will be four sections in Paper 1. General Intelligence & Reasoning, General Knowledge, Quantitative Aptitude and English Comprehension. The level of the exam will be of the graduation level.
Important points for Paper 1(Online Test):
- Paper 1 will be an objective type question paper
- Negative marking is also there for each wrong answer
- If there is a wrong answer than 0.25 marks will be deducted
- Candidates will have to attempt 200 questions in 2 hours time period
- Total marks for Paper 1 are 200
- The questions paper will be in both English & Hindi language.
PET, PST and Medical Test.
Details for SSC CPO PET Test
(A) For Male Candidates
(B) For Female Candidates
Eligibility Criteria for the Medical Test is mentioned below:
Exam Pattern for Paper-2
Paper 2 will be conducted for those candidates who have successfully cleared paper 1 and PET/PST Test
Important points for Paper 2:
- The total time for the Paper 2 will be 2 hours
- Candidates will have to attempt 200 questions carrying 200 marks.
- The test will comprise English Language and Comprehension.
- It will be an online objective question type test
Candidates successfully clear all three rounds will be eligible for the final merit list.
Please find SSC CPO 2020 Syllabus below
Paper 1 Sylabus:
Paper 2 Syllabus
- (a) Fee for General and OBC category is Rs 100/- (Rs one hundred only)
- (b) Fee can be paid through BHIM UPI, Net Banking or by using Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, RuPay Credit or Debit card or in cash at SBI Branches by generating SBI Challan.
- (c) Women candidates, SC/ST, PwD and Ex-Servicemen (ESM) eligible for reservation are exempted from payment of the fee.
Online Application process
The application process for SSC SI 2020 Exam will be done online only. candidates can visit the official website of the Staff Selection Commission for the application process. Application submitted through post or courier will not be considered.
Important notes before online submission:
Please note the below-mentioned information/ Documents required before moving to the online application process.
- a.A valid Email Id
- b.Working Mobile Number
- c. Aadhaar Number or any other id proof.
- d. Information about the Board, Roll Number, and Year of Passing the Matriculation (10th) Examination.
- e. Scanned color passport size recent photograph in JPEG format (20 KB to 50 KB). Image dimension of the photograph should be about 3.5 cm (width) x 4.5 cm (height).
- f. Scanned signature in JPEG format (10 to 20 KB). Image dimension of the signature should be about 4.0 cm (width) x 3.0 cm (height).g. Disability Certificate Number, if you are a person with a benchmark disability.
Please find below Step by Step process for online application:
The process of online application is the same as other SSC exams. There will be two parts of the application process:
- I. One-time Registration.
- II. Online Application submission.
Part-I (One-Time Registration):
- Step 1: Visit the Staff Selection Commission website i.e www.ssc.nic.in
- Step 2: There will be a “Register Now‟ link Click on it
- Step 3: Candidates will have to enter some basic personal details such as name, date of birth, residential address, category.
- Step 4: Choose the examination center according to your preference and convenience from the given list.
- Step 5: Verify all the details and click on ‘I Agree’ at the end of the page.
- Step 6: A confirmation page will be generated and Registration ID and other details will be displayed after a successful registration. It is important for the applicants to save it for future references.
Part II Online application submission:
- Step 1: Once the first part of the registration is complete, proceed for ‘Part II Registration”.
- Step 2: Enter the Registration ID that you received in Part I and your Date of birth for logging in.
- Step 3: Online Payment: Pay the application fee either through Debit Card or Credit Card or Net Banking. Offline Payment: Select the offline mode payment, download the system generated the challan and submit the fee by cash at any bank.
- Step 4: Upload the scanned images of the following documents – photograph and signature.
- Step 5: Click on the ‘Submit’ button. A confirmation page will be generated. Applicants are required to download the confirmation and take photocopies for future references.
Download Admit Card/Call Letter for Paper 1 and Paper 2
Candidates can download SSC CPO Admit Card from the official website in the month of July. We will update you about the availability of Admit Card once it is available to download. Admit Card will be updated once the application process is over and the exam centers are finalized.
Steps to download Admit Card:
- Step 1: Go to Official Website of SSC i.e ssc.nic.in/
- Step 2: Click on Call Letters Link.
- Step 3: In the new window, enter your Registration Number/Roll Number and D.O.B./Password. Also, fill the Captcha Box.
- Step 4: Click on the “SUBMIT” button.
- Step 5: SSC CPO Admit Card will be displayed on the screen. You can save the Admit Card in Pdf format or print the same as per your choice.
The Paper 1 result of the SSC CPO 2020 Exam will be issued by Staff Selection Commission in the month of November. Candidate can check the result from the official website by entering login details. We will also inform you once the result will be available to download.
Steps to check the Result
- Step 1: Click on the link mentioned “SSC CPO Result”.
- Step 2: Now fill in your roll number and date of birth
- Step 3: Paper 1 result will be displayed on the screen.
Centres of Examination:
A candidate must indicate the Centre(s) in the online Application Form in which he/ she desires to take the examination. Details about the Examination Centres is given below.
Cut Off will be released after the examination. Candidates can check the previous year’s cut-off as of now. Cut Off will be released later
SSC CPO 2019 Cut Off:
For Male Candidates:
For Female Candidates:
Male-Departmental Candidates (Delhi Police) cut off:
Male–Specialized Categories of Ex-Servicemen (Delhi Police) cut off:
SSC SI 2018 Cut off
For Female Candidates
For Male Candidates:
Male Departmental Candidates (Delhi Police) Cut Off:
Male Specialized Categories of Ex-Servicemen (Delhi Police) Cut Off:
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
When will the SSC CPO 2020 exam notification be released?
Official notification has been released by Staff Selection Commission on 17th June 2020.
What is the date of the SSC CPO 2020 exam?
Paper 1 schedule has been revised on 21st July 2020 by SSC. Now Paper 1 will be conducted from 23rd November 2020 to 26th November 2020 while Paper 2 will be conducted on 1st March 2021.
What is the eligibility criteria for the SSC CPO 2020 exam?
Candidates must be a graduate having a minimum of 20 years of age and maximum of 25 years of Age. Candidates can check the complete eligibility criteria here
What is the total no. of vacancies in the SSC CPO 2020 exam?
The total number of vacancies released by SSC are 1564.
How can I apply for SSC CPO 2020 exam?
Candidates can apply online at the official website. Candidates can check the complete step by step process about the online application process at the linked page.
Will there be any interview after the written exam result?
No, there is no interview in SSC CPO 2020 exam. After Paper 1 there will be Physical Fitness test followed by Medical Test. Candidates successfully cleared round two will be called for Paper 2 that is scheduled to be conducted on 1st March 2021. Check the complete SSC CPO selection process at the linked page.
Please check below links also: